How to create a digital footprint for your business.
A digital footprint is the online representation of your business. If you're trying to get more customers and create a bigger brand, it's important to have a strong digital presence. That way, your potential customers can find you when they search for products or services like yours.
Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down.
Only those who take action will be remembered in history.
Only those who take action will be remembered in history.
Start with a website.
A website is the most basic form of digital footprint. It’s an important tool for your business, but it may not be as easy to create as you think. There are a few things to consider when choosing a domain name and building a website:
- Choose a domain name that's appropriate for your business. It should be easy to remember, and it should also be relevant to your business and preferable unique. If you’re a real estate agent, for example, don't choose the domain name www.scrubsforhomesalespeople.com; instead, use www.realtorhelper.com or something similar.
- Make sure your website shows off everything you do best so potential customers can see how great it would be to work with you instead of someone else!
Make sure your business website is listed online.
The first step to creating a digital footprint is ensuring that you have a presence online. There are several ways to do this, but the most important thing is that your business website appears on the major directories, review sites, and social media platforms. If your business is not listed on Google search console, Yelp, Google My Business, Facebook, and other sites, you’re missing out on a lot of potential customers. Make sure your website is set up to be found by search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Here are some steps to listing your business online:
- Register your website on the google search console. This will help your website appear in search results.
- Set up a Google My Business account and claim your business listing on Google Maps, which will make it easier for people to find you.
- Create a Facebook page for your business and add photos of your products or services using the “add an image” option in the left sidebar menu.
- Add a Yelp page that includes pictures, hours of operation, and other information about your business (see this article for more details).
- Set up a Google Analytics account so you view and analyze all kinds of traffic coming to your website
Don't forget about the power of social media.
Social media is another great way to connect with customers. It’s a great way to build a community around your brand and get feedback from customers, while also promoting special offers and events. You can also use social media to share content—either related to your business or not—to engage with people on platforms they already use every day.
Get the word out about your business with a newsletter.
- Write a newsletter. A lot of businesses don't even think about creating a newsletter for their customers, but it's an excellent way to stay top of mind and keep in contact with your clients.
- Use the newsletter to promote yourself, your products or services, or both! It's important not to overdo it with advertising when you're trying to build trust with your audience. You'll want people who subscribe to your newsletters to feel like they're getting something out of it—not just seeing more ads for things they don't care about!
Be smart about search engine optimization (SEO).
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website's ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is accomplished by improving its organic visibility, which means having relevant and useful content that people want to read, share and link to.
It's important to understand how search engines work when it comes to your digital footprint. When someone searches for something online, they're looking for one thing: an answer. If you can provide them with what they want via your site or blog post, then you're going to get more traffic through search engines as a consequence—and that's exactly what we want!Essentially, you want to create content that will be useful to people and that they'll want to share with their friends. This is the best way to get organic search engine traffic, which is why SEO is so important. If you're interested in learning more about how it works, check out this article on our blog: How Does Search Engine Optimization Work?
Get back to basics and build links, too.
As you're building your website, make sure that you've got a plan in place for link building. It's no secret that backlinks are important for SEO and can drastically increase the visibility of your website. There are a number of different ways to build links, including:
- Creating quality content on other sites
- Promoting your own content or products with advertising or PR campaigns
- Starting relationships with influencers who might be interested in promoting your business
- Submitting guest posts to sites related to the industry you serve
You can get more traffic and customers with these digital footprint tips.
- Get more traffic with a website.
- Build backlinks.
- Use social media to build your brand and business.
- Seek out ways to promote, share, and link to your site from other sites that are related or have a similar audience base as you. This will help improve rankings in search engines, increase the visibility of your content on the web, and attract more people who might be interested in what you offer (or perhaps even buy something right away).
- If you don't have one already, consider creating an email newsletter for subscribers who want regular updates about what is new at your business or blog posts that offer valuable information for them. Also, consider adding subscriber forms on key pages of your site so customers can sign up when they visit there rather than having to remember where exactly it was located or go searching around trying to find it elsewhere online if they don't want just any random service provider but someone specific instead—maybe someone like those who've already liked/followed/subscribed?
In the end, building a strong digital footprint is more than just having a website. It's about giving your customers an easy way to learn more about your business and connect with you online. This can be accomplished through many different methods, including social media and email lists. As long as you keep these tips in mind when developing your online presence, there are plenty of opportunities for success!